Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Good and bad news

First the good news - Emmy's surgery went very well and she is home now.  The preliminary diagnosis from the pathologist is that it is type 1 PPD, which means NO CHEMO!!!!!!!!!  Yay!  They biopsied her liver and sent it to the lab that is researching this particular cancer for results.  We should hear something later this week or early next week. 

The bad news - My mom (79) had a heart attack this past Monday morning.  She is doing well physically now.  One of her arteries was 99% blocked and they placed a stent and she is recovering.  However, they are not sure if it is from the lack of oxygen or normal progression of her Alzheimer's/Dementia, but her mental capacity is MUCH worse than before the attack.  They did say that it can take weeks for her to get back to normal.  But the good news about all of this is she doesn't seem to be in any distress or upset or pain. 

I will keep you posted, as I'm able to, about both Emmy and my mom.

Thanks and take care!

Terri

4 comments:

gracie said...

Keeping you all in my thoughts....

Barb said...

Your family will remain in my prayers. I pray for good news!!

Katie said...

I hope the good news continue to come for Emmy. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. When my mom had her stroke it just broke my heart. My mom is my 2nd brain and to have her affected mentally hurt me so bad. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. I hope your mom bounces back soon.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Thank you for letting us know how Emmy is. I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's heart attack. I continue to keep your family in my prayers.
xx, Carol