Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Retired

 Hello everyone!  I hope there are at least a few people who still read my blog.  I retired March 1, yay!  I retired after almost 36 years with the Indiana Department of Correction.  And I don't miss it!  I have a few pictures of the stuff that was gifted to me for my retirement.  I was truly spoiled! 

My best friend got me the stuff in the first 3 pictures, plus a pair of spring themed hot pads which I forgot to photograph.



The following is all from my work.  Lots of great stuff!


In case you can't read the above, it says "I don't give a sip, I'm retired!"  And it sparkles!





There is a sash and a metal tiara in the above box that both say "Officially retired" in pink sparkly color!


The above is a very nice, big, and heavy canvas tote bag.  Love it!
The wind chimes are too pretty to put outside.  The disc part at the bottom was very hard to photograph.  It says "Never underestimate the difference you made and the lives you touched"  Yes, I cried when I opened it. 

The candle is a lavender-eucalyptus scent and I love it!

Now that I am retired, I hope to be able to post at least once a week, if not more.  I have pictures to share of stash and recent finishes.

Take care everyone!


5 comments:

Irene said...

Best wishes on your well-deserved retirement ♥

Robin in Virginia said...

Hi Terri! Congratulations on your retirement! What a lovely assortment of goodies you received from your friends and co-workers! Thinking of you.

butterfly said...

How lovely , now you can have fun,wonderful gifts.
Enjoy your retirement.

Carol said...

Congratulations on your retirement, Terri! You are going to love it :) I retired in 2017 and haven't looked back or missed it at all. Lots of wonderful gifts from your friends--I'm sure they will miss you!

Astrids dragon said...

Congratulations on your retirement! You received so many great gifts, fun ones too!
I hope you enjoy all the extra time you're going to have to stitch.