Wednesday, November 22, 2017

A lot to be thankful for

My granddaughter comes home today from the hospital where she had lung surgery 2 weeks ago.  She is doing very well and won't start back on the chemo until after tomorrow (Thanksgiving).

I will try to keep the rest as short as possible.  Since October 6/7, this has happened to my mom (she's 79) - ER w/severe belly pain, perforated bowel, emergency surgery, colostomy, sent to rehab 2 days, sent back to hospital with pneumonia and sepsis; spent 8-9 days there, back to rehab - came home on a Saturday (11th, I think) and by Sunday night/Monday morning, couldn't walk, low BP (60/40), back to ER in ambulance, everything checked out fine, back home.  Next day, couldn't walk, almost passed out, O2 levels dropped drastically, back to ER in ambulance, CT Scan showed pulmonary embolism.  Spent from Tuesday to Friday in hospital and is finally back home and doing very well!!  So yes, we have a LOT to be thankful for this year!

I'll try to be back sometime over the long weekend with an update.  I have stash to show off!!!  LOL!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terri

5 comments:

laceystitcher said...

Special blessings to you and all your loved ones especially your mom and granddaughter!! God is good.

Barb said...

Wow! You have all had such a hard time. Thankfully you will all be together for Thanksgiving. I still keep the little one in my prayers, now I'll add your mom.

Katie said...

Oh Terri I'm so sorry for everything that has come your way lately. I'm glad to hear your mom is doing well now. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Brigitte said...

You and your family have gone through hard times this year. But it's so good to read that your mom is feeling so much better. And that your little granddaughter is also doing well. You will be in my thoughts.

Astrids dragon said...

I hope your sweet granddaughter is doing well with her treatments.
Glad to hear that your Mom is home and feeling better, what an ordeal!